Job seekers focus their precious time resources way too much on re-working their CVs/resumes.
Remember these quick facts of CVs, illustrated by various studies:
• Average Amount of Time CV is Read: 20-30 Seconds
• First Place the Eye Falls on the CV: Top of the First Page
You must keep these factors in mind when building your CV, together with Israel-specific characteristics:
• Israeli CVs are short – one page is great; two pages is maximum
• Israeli CVs are focused/narrow – if you are targeting different professions, you will need to create different versions of your CV
To summarize my outlook in one sentence, much more important than the contents of your CV is whose hands you put it into.
For those of you that want to learn more about how to create a CV for Israel, you are welcome to read the following articles:
• A CV/Resume is not an Obituary
• CV/Resume – Chronological or Skills Based?
• Will Including “Good Team Player” on a CV Help Get You Invited to an Interview?
• Women Should Not Include Their Picture on their CV/Resume!
• CV/Resume File Type – Is it Important?