I would like to interject a couple of comments to the article, based upon my personal experiences:
- I have found that sending messages via LinkedIn works quite well, and I get a good response. In order to be able to write to someone in LinkedIn, you either need to be directly connected to them or share a group. If you can’t write to someone directly on LinkedIn, search for them on Facebook and write to them there.
- I have not had much success in finding telephone numbers and/or email address from Google searches. At one time this worked for me well, but lately it has produced poor results.
I think this is an excellent resource, and I would love to see something similar focused on Israel (the above is targeted mostly at US companies). The question is if others out there also see value in creating such a repository of information, and are ready to help populate it. I certainly don’t want to re-create what already exists, and there are already a variety of Israeli company databases. However, these do not assist job seekers to find employee email addresses, and that is a critical piece of information.
What I am thinking as an initial effort is to create a spreadsheet which I will then make freely available to everyone. The information to be collected for each company would be:
- Company Name
- Internet Site
- E-Mail Format
- Email Example
- Company Name – Better Place
- City – Tel Aviv
- Telephone - 073-7777222
- Internet Site - http://www.betterplace.com/
- E-Mail Format – FirstName.LastName
- Email Example – Sarah.Plony@betterplace.com
Please send details to me at email@example.com. The best format for sending the information would be Excel.